Application deadline: March 25, 2024
Senior Consultant: Gwendolyn Joseph
Consultant: Disa Mason
Volunteer State Community College
The Tennessee Board of Regents invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Volunteer State Community College. Volunteer State is one of Tennessee’s 13 community colleges in the Community College System of Tennessee, governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents. The President is the chief executive officer of the College and reports to the Tennessee Board of Regents through the Chancellor.
Volunteer State Community College is a comprehensive, two-year postsecondary institution located in Gallatin, Tennessee. In addition, Volunteer State delivers programming at campuses in Cookeville, Livingston, Springfield and selected teaching sites throughout the college’s area of responsibility. As an Achieving the Dream college committed to student success, Volunteer State meets the educational needs of the people it serves in 11 counties in middle Tennessee and enrolls approximately 7,000 credit seeking students each fall. The college employs over 450 full-time employees, including roughly 190 full-time faculty members, and operates on a budget of approximately $60 million.
Volunteer State awards Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Associate of Fine Arts (AFA), and Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) degrees as well as technical certificates. Volunteer State provides 39 academic programs of study. Currently, 27% of Volunteer State students are non-white; 28% percent of all credential-seeking students are enrolled in career preparation programs, while the other 72% of credential-seeking students are in programs intended for transfer to a university. Approximately 50% of Volunteer State students are enrolled full-time, and students aged 25 or older represent 26% of the population. During the fall semester of 2022, 22% of the students were dual enrollment students.
Additional information can be found on the college’s website: www.volstate.edu. Volunteer State is fully accredited by the Commission on Colleges and Schools of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. It is recognized as an innovative and entrepreneurial college and is looking for a President to continue to move the college forward as a leader in higher education reform nationwide.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, innovative, and energetic leader with the vision, skills, and integrity required to guide Volunteer State to higher levels of achievement. It is expected that the next President will be selected and appointed prior to July 1st, 2024. The full list of preferred attributes, the leadership agenda and instructions on the application process can be found in the position profile: https://www.academicsearch.org/wp-content/uploads/formidable/8/Volunteer-State-CC-President-Profile.Final_.pdf
The search for Volunteer State Community College’s next President is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Confidential discussions about this opportunity are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Senior Consultant Dr. Gwendolyn G. Joseph / (281) 889-9299 or Consultant Disa Mason.
Applications, nominations, and expressions of interest can be submitted in confidence to VolStatePres@academicsearch.org. Materials received by March 25th, 2024, can be assured full consideration by the search committee. The application should consist of a substantive cover letter, a curriculum vitae and a list of five professional references. References will not be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate.
The Community College System of Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity employer. Under state law, applicants may request that their application and related materials be confidential and not open for public inspection until such time the candidate is selected as a finalist for the position.